slanted across a polygon on a diagonal line
set off in a catty-corner direction across the vacant lot
How To Use catty-corner In A Sentence
- His wife of twenty-two years is sitting catty-corner to him in a turquoise T-shirt with a tropical fish swimming across her chest; but her slim ankles are demurely crossed, the resting pose of one of those fifties starlets who swished around on-screen in full skirts, sheer hose, and kitten heels. THE HUSBANDS AND WIVES CLUB
- His folks bought them a house catty-corner from my mom's. The Prince of Beers
- Our rooms were catty-corner to each other at the end of the hall. What’s the Weirdest Experience of Your Life?
- REGAN, MADISON, and SPENCER are sprawled catty-cornered in the main seating area of the lounge. Fashionista
- There was a steady line of traffic, here, as the Manhattan Bridge carried lines of cars into Brooklyn, but just to the left of the bridge, catty-corner to the site of the old tavern, a different kind of line had begun to form, beneath a large sign with a bright red arrow pointing down to a ticket booth. The King's Best Highway
- About 10 feet away, a four-door SUV pulled in and parked catty-cornered to one of the gas pumps. Molly Secours: When a 'Bad White People Day' Is Just Another Tuesday
- In the living room, an Eames lounge sits catty-corner to a bentwood rocker; on the dining table, jelly-jar tumblers are set next to Nicole's grandmother's sterling silverware. The Search
- Motorcyclists cut catty-cornered across his yard.
- It seemed to me as I sat there, eating, drinking wine and talking about Art with them that there are worse things than having a heart with some starch in it; one that's capable of anger and not just sympathy, and a foot that can draw a line that crosses another, catty-corner. The Prince of Beers
- a restaurant catty-corner from the theater.