[ UK /kˈæti/ ]
[ US /ˈkæti/ ]
[ US /ˈkæti/ ]
- any of various units of weight used in southeastern Asia (especially a Chinese measure equal to 500 grams)
marked by or arising from malice
a catty remark
How To Use catty In A Sentence
- Foreign exchange deposit bargain is 42 stir thousand catty develop a financial product.
- Some great new players and the captainship of Catty lifting the team no end, thank heavens. RIP Fatboy, Blogger TV & stuff
- [_CATTY sighs and groans, striking the back of one hand reiteratedly into the palm of the other -- rises -- beats the devil's tattoo as she stands -- then claps her hands again. Tales and Novels — Volume 08
- He might sound like a motormouth, he might sounds scatty and a little out of focus.
- After each catty little spat, we cut to another uneventful rehearsal scene where boys and girls with asexual physiques pirouette weightlessly about the rehearsal room.
- His wife of twenty-two years is sitting catty-corner to him in a turquoise T-shirt with a tropical fish swimming across her chest; but her slim ankles are demurely crossed, the resting pose of one of those fifties starlets who swished around on-screen in full skirts, sheer hose, and kitten heels. THE HUSBANDS AND WIVES CLUB
- She was the fighter in our group; she could make a tough girl cry with her endless barrage of snotty remarks and catty comebacks.
- Nikki Haley Wants To Drug Test Applicants For Unemployment Benefits Nikki Haley-you're being 'catty' - Was There a Case for War? The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
- They are counterweighted by moments of ache (Wayne's abuse, Margene's break-down at her old job), humor (Nicki's catty asides), and tenderness. Mark Blankenship: Big Love Wife Watch!: Season 5, Ep. 1
- _Catty. _ (_speaking very rapidly_) Bless you for that word, counshillor; and by the first light to-morrow, I'll drive all the grazing cattle, every four-footed _baast_ off the land, and pound 'em in Ballynavogue; and if they replevy, why I'll distrain again, if it be forty times, I will go. Tales and Novels — Volume 08