- any of a group of chemicals including epinephrine and norepinephrine that are produced in the medulla of the adrenal gland
How To Use catecholamine In A Sentence
- Dopamine is the most abundant chemical in a class of neurotransmitters called catecholamines.
- We are currently investigating if, similar to hNSCs, also T-IhNSCs can be induced to generate catecholaminergic cells by exposure to specific extracellular cues PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- Potential effetcs of corticosteroids during septic shock Activation of IKB - Inhibition of NFk - Correction of a relative adrenocortical deficiency Reversal of adrenergic receptor desensitization deficiency Inhibition of inducible iNOS Hemodynamic improvement Decrease in the dosage of catecholamines Decreased trascription for proinflammatory cytokines, Cox-2, Recently Uploaded Slideshows
- Stress also releases catecholamines such as noradrenaline, which can enlarge the amygdale (structures involved in the processing of fear), also impairing memory and the ability to distinguish a true memory from a false or implanted one. The Tortured Brain
- They found that 40 of the victims (26.7 percent) had either a catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia PhysOrg.com - latest science and technology news stories
- In the brain, high levels of the catecholamines dopamine and norepinephrine are released in the PFC during stress exposure, even during relatively mild psychological stress.
- In order to maintain stable hemodynamics, large dose of catecholamine was required after surgery.
- The sugar raises levels of hormones known as catecholamines that actually cause blood pressure to go up. EzineArticles
- Catecholamines and the nervous system Abnormalities of the nervous system have been implicated in the development of hypertension in diabetes.
- Dark chocolate reduced the urinary excretion of the stress hormone cortisol and catecholamines and partially normalized stress-related differences in energy metabolism (glycine, citrate, trans-aconitate, proline, β-alanine) and gut microbial activities (hippurate and p-cresol sulfate). How dark chocolate helps ease emotional stress - latest scientific evidence