designed to sell quickly without concern for quality
How To Use catchpenny In A Sentence
- Don't let your lip curl at the catchpenny title - the book contains much that would be of value to any writer.
- ‘She is an example of a well-known phenomenon of people who almost consciously write catchpenny entertainment they know is well beneath them,’ he said.
- Start ending the environmental catchpenny of blended fuel mandates thatâ€ ™ s done squat to clean our air, but done tons to sully our wallets. Think Progress » VIDEO: Cavuto Slams Schumer For Pushing Price Gouging Investigation, Ignores Top Conservatives
- Don't let your lip curl at the catchpenny title -- the book contains much that would be of value to any writer. Kate Atkinson: Case Histories
- The distinction he made in his fictions — between novels and "entertainments" — was one that he first evolved to excuse himself for writing an openly catchpenny movie script in the form of Orient Express. I'll Be Damned
- Reviews: ‘Caine is a talented enough and likeable enough performer to create the illusion of a mature irony at work on catchpenny material’ - The Voice Films of Michael Caine #43: Blame It on Rio
- In everything one finds this frank acceptance of twin values which are not expected to have anything in common: on the one hand a quite unclouded, quite unhypocritical assumption of transcendent theory “high ideals”; on the other a simultaneous acceptance of catchpenny realities. Archive 2009-09-01
- The catchpenny decor was obviously aimed at the tourist trade. CODE BREAKER
- Indeed, by this time I'd gone off his work in a big way, largely because of his sonnets, which I thought were atrocious and boring, somewhat catchpenny.
- As I have remarked before, you should not be put off by the catchpenny title.