- severe illness requiring prolonged hospitalization or recovery; usually involves high costs for hospitals and doctors and medicines
How To Use catastrophic illness In A Sentence
- Similarly, other professionals working in the field of catastrophic illness should have other interests that they are heavily invested in emotionally.
- Some time ago I attended a lecture on psychotherapy for people who have a catastrophic illness.
- Health care costs also have outstripped inflation; the cost of a catastrophic illness can quickly knock a middle-class household into another, better-defined economic category: poverty.
- catastrophic illness
- The fundamental problem is that for most people (that is, other than the genuinely poor or those facing catastrophic illness), especially the well-paid, medical services are underpriced.