- breakdown in living organisms of more complex substances into simpler ones together with release of energy
How To Use catabolism In A Sentence
- Muscle catabolism is a hallmark of sepsis and results from accelerated breakdown of myofibrillar proteins, such as actin and myosin.
- Excessive anabolic neurohumoral activities leading to reduction in catabolism is the feature of KAPHA VRUDDHI. Recently Uploaded Slideshows
- As the banana ripens the chlorophyll begins to break down a process called catabolism and the resulting products are concentrated in the banana peel. Telegraph.co.uk: news business sport the Daily Telegraph newspaper Sunday Telegraph
- As the banana ripens, the chlorophyll begins to break down - a process called catabolism - and the resulting products are concentrated in the banana peel. Alanat News
- This enzyme, a lysosomal hydrolase, is involved in the catabolism of neutral glycosphingolipids.
- There are two metabolic mechanisms involved in aging that are constantly operating in our body called anabolism and catabolism. Dr. Bertrand Babinet, Ph.D., LAc.: Adaptogen Herbs: The Key to Longevity and Optimal Health
- Chapter 5 focuses on the catabolism of proteoglycans, detailing mainly proteolysis and the host of proteases involved.
- The earliest enzymatic functions are mostly linked to amino acid catabolism: deamination, transamination, and decarboxylation.
- NOT getting enough protein is a sure way to destroy muscle and promote catabolism, which is obviously detrimental to any type of fitness program or goal. MyLinkVault Newest Links
- Mesobilirubinogen, urobilinogen, and urobilin represent intestinal breakdown products of bilirubin catabolism. 220.