- German philosopher concerned with concept formation in the human mind and with symbolic forms in human culture generally (1874-1945)
How To Use Cassirer In A Sentence
- Langer's artistic symbolic aesthetic thought had two main theoretical resources, the first one was Whitehead's logical semiotics, and the second one was Cassirer's human cultural semiotics.
- Cassirer's symbol poetics defines literature as creation of symbol form on the basis of his symbolic formal philosophy.
- Aurora Cassirer of law firm Troutman Sanders as the interim monitor. Monitor to Oversee Starr Entities
- Cassirer was a friend and sponsor of the young architect Erich Mendelsohn.
- Cassirer takes the imitative theory of culture as a main opposite theory to criticize.
- German philosopher Cassirer said, language has two kinds of rights - "the right of logic " and "the right of metaphor".
- During these years he produced two books in English [Cassirer 1944, 1946], where the first, An Essay on Man, serves as a concise introduction to the philosophy of symbolic forms (and thus Cassirer's distinctive philosophical perspective) as a whole and the second, Ernst Cassirer
- The receiver -- Aurora Cassirer -- recently fired all of the Starr and Company employees, prosecutors said. Diane Passage, Kenneth Starr's Wife, Has Money Problems
- Of course, by the 1890s, French vanguard painting was shown by forward-looking galleries such as Cassirer, in Berlin, so there were ample opportunities for encounters with influential work even after the three returned to Germany. Nature With a German Accent
- Aurora Cassirer as temporary receiver for the firms owned by Judge Appoints Receiver for Starr Firms