How To Use carpet bombing In A Sentence
- General Curtis LeMay was a tough, often brilliant, pugnacious deployer of air power -- organizing the debilitating and destructive carpet bombing campaigns of Japan and later viewed by many as being a bit too trigger happy when it came to using nuclear weapons against the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Steve Clemons: Take Michael Hayden Off the "Curtis LeMay Today List"
- They talk of ‘carpet bombing’ and razing whole cities to the ground.
- CNN MILITARY ANALYST: Well, basically we reject the term carpet bombing, because it brings back images of World War II, in which you did indeed carpet bomb cities. CNN Transcript Nov 5, 2001
- Weeks of carpet bombing, a full-scale invasion and years propping up a successor regime would be required, he said.
- One thing to think about in the B-52 raids -- for some of us we go back to Vietnam, and that's where the term carpet bombing came up. CNN Transcript Nov 1, 2001
- It must frustrate Cheney that fighting terrorism intelligently is not as macho as carpet bombing places that contain suspected enemies of the U.S. J Danna Cheney: Obama pretending we are not at war
- It was the Vietnam War which made Sihanouk's neutralism untenable, as Cambodia was used by Vietminh and Vietcong forces as a supply route from North to South Vietnam, and received its fair share of US carpet bombing in return.