- a mountain range in central Europe that extends from Slovakia and southern Poland southeastward through western Ukraine to northeastern Romania; a popular resort area
How To Use Carpathian Mountains In A Sentence
- The region is also home to features known as "domes" - seen between the crater and the Carpathian Mountains. Universe Today
- The Slovak landscape is primarily of mountainous nature, with the Carpathian Mountains extending across most of the northern half of the country.
- Hunting-tourism has become big business in Romania's Carpathian Mountains, the last place in Europe apart from Russia, where many large carnivores, bears, wolves and lynxes, can be found.
- He wrote an article in the Country Gentleman and circularized the expedition of Rev. Crath to the Carpathian Mountains. Northern Nut Growers Association Report of the Proceedings at the 44th Annual Meeting Rochester, N.Y. August 31 and September 1, 1953
- In their dotage they meet in the General's isolated castle in the shadow of the Carpathian Mountains.
- We would like to buy a piece of forest in White Carpathian Mountains, consisting mainly of spruce, beeches and firs.
- The Carpathian Mountains dominate the centre of Romania surrounding the Transylvanian Plateau, 14 peaks reaching above the altitude of 2,000 m, the highest being Moldoveanu Peak at 2,544 m.
- Oil are mainly located in the foothills of the Carpathian Mountains region, the North Sea and its coastal areas.
- The Carpathian Mountains are an important reservoir for biodiversity, and are Europe's last refuge for large mammals - brown bear, wolf, and lynx.