- large genus of plants found in damp woodlands and bogs and ditches or at water margins: sedges
How To Use Carex In A Sentence
- The Albertine Rift also has papyrus and Carex wetlands, as well as hot springs and a peculiar type of sclerophytic vegetation that colonizes old lava flows in the Virunga National Park in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. Biological diversity in the Eastern Afromontane
- We have had good luck with most carex even though our soil is not moist. Sissinghurst Part Two « Fairegarden
- Vascular plants found in Mt. Assiniboine park include American alpine smelowskia Smelowskia calycina, Raynold's sedge Carex raynoldsii, Cusick's Indian paintbrush Castilleja cusickii, stalked-pod locoweed Oxytropis podocarpa, sub-alpine grassland Saussurea nuda and apetalous campion Silene uralensis attenuata. Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks, Canada
- Clonal diversity and allozyme variation in populations of the arctic sedge Carex bigelowii (Cyperaceae). Genetic responses of arctic species to changes in climate and ultraviolet-B radiation levels
- In widespread Carex taxa, levels of genetic variation were not related to climate, but were to a large extent explained by differences in glaciation history at the sampling sites: populations in areas deglaciated approximately 10,000 years BP had significantly lower genetic variation than populations in areas deglaciated 60,000 years BP. Genetic responses of arctic species to changes in climate and ultraviolet-B radiation levels
- The intersections where three or more stones meet are a little more spacious and accommodating; these are good places to drop in carex, festuca, or other taller accent plants.
- A number of appropriate natives - some of the carex riverside grasses, reeds and rushes - have been planted along the Okeover Stream banks.
- My orange carex testacea 3 years old troopers were moved to my orange and purple bed. Before They Are Gone « Fairegarden
- Marsh vegetation consists mainly of cattail and sedges (Scirpus americana and Carex sp.), with salt marsh cordgrass occurring along creek banks.
- A large part of the study area was a bed of Carex tussocks, in which C. appropinquata was the dominant species.