[ US /ˈkɑɹbəˌnaɪz/ ]
turn into carbon, as by burning
unite with carbon
How To Use carbonize In A Sentence
- Examples of carbonizing herbs to stop bleeding are carbonized cattail pollen, carbonized human hair, carbonized agrimony and carbonized wormwood or mugwort.
- Yesterday at 13th Annual Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference, a team of scientists announced that they developed a way to store hydrogen in carbonized chicken feathers. Chicken Feathers May Fuel Hydrogen Cars in the Future | Inhabitat
- Through a carbonized cotton thread in a vacuum glass bulb. His invention proved that.
- Then coal and ore were arranged in heaps and in successive layers, as the charcoal-burner does with the wood which he wishes to carbonize. The Mysterious Island
- Darken it too much and you can carbonize the surface and burn all the good stuff in the paste. Meathead Goldwyn: Secrets Of Holiday Prime Rib On The Grill
- Oxygen had to be withheld during the firing process and the clay had to carbonize. The Paprika Ewer
- His experiments covered all sorts Of pigments, such as lamp-blacks, tars, carbonized vegetable matters, soots of oils and fats, and the various carbonized animal substances. Moon Face:The Shadow and the Flash
- In the original cooling or through subsequent heat treatment, a matrix can be internally decarbonized or carburized by depositing graphite on existing sites or by dissolving carbon from them.
- The major assumption underlying the sorting and identification of the botanical material was that only items that were charred or partially carbonized represented prehistoric material.
- For example, items that are more likely to come into contact with fire, such as the byproducts of food processing rather than food items themselves, are more likely to be carbonized.