- a chemical analysis used to determine the age of organic materials based on their content of the radioisotope carbon 14; believed to be reliable up to 40,000 years
How To Use carbon dating In A Sentence
- They used carbon dating tests to authenticate the claim that the skeleton was 2 million years old.
- Weizmann archaeology researchers have a laboratory on the site here, along with equipment to study archaeometallurgy, ancient DNA, radiocarbon dating and micromorphology, the microscopic structures found in organisms and soil. NYT > Home Page
- But several factors affect the accuracy of radiocarbon dating.
- It attempts to explain away potential theological problems like dinosaurs, carbon dating, and the fossil record in general.
- Because of the difficulties associated with radiocarbon dating, each new date is given a statistical margin of error.
- Radiocarbon dating was still in the future, so archaeologists used relative methods of dating such as stratigraphy and stone tool typologies to deduce the age of a site. Drawn to Archaeology
- The researchers used radiocarbon dating on 22 pieces of microscopic charcoal found among Neandertal tools in fire pits in Gorham Cave.
- The technique the scientists use is known as radiocarbon dating and is more commonly used by archaeologists to date ancient fragments of bone and wood. Latest News Breaking News and Current News from the UK and World Telegraph
- `Remember what Armand said about using the mount from an old potboiler to fool the radiocarbon dating? ALASTAIR MCLEAN'S 'NIGHT WATCH'
- They demonstrate the close interconnection between landforms and paedogenesis, palaeochemistry, climatology, archaeology, archaeomagnetism, radio-carbon dating, palaeoecology and faunal extinction. Willandra Lakes Region, Australia