[ UK /kˈæɹəmˌɛlaɪz/ ]
be converted into caramel
The sugar caramelized
- convert to caramel
How To Use caramelise In A Sentence
- We opted to share a portion of raspberry crème brûlée with cream which tasted absolutely fabulous, full of raspberries with crisp caramelised sugar and rich cold cream.
- My top dish was the heavenly grilled semolina & fresh goats cheese gnocchi and panfried artichokes with broad beans & marjoram, lemon cream and caramelised beetroot…
- The pentose sugars, whose molecules contain only five carbon atoms instead of six, caramelize very well.
- Dans la cocotte, ajoutez la cassonade, et faites réduire le jus jusqu'à consistance sirupeuse, presque caramélisée. A Foodie Froggy in Paris
- The risotto was something of a success with a delicious combination of savoury Arborio rice and caramelised onions.
- The tantalising pomme Anna consisted of Charlotte potatoes sliced, layered and caramelised with rosemary butter.
- Salmon is delicious when cooked on a barbecue; it forms a delicious, caramelised crust and if cooked properly it will stay moist and succulent inside.
- Other afters included caramelised homemade brioche, banana tatin with a rum crème brulée and orange and muscat jelly with dark chocolate ice cream - all at £4.50.
- Since the NY Times ran a few matzoh brei recipes several years back, I top my matzoh brei with a mixture of caramelized fruits (granny smith apples, bananas, berries, pineapple, etc.). Matzo Brei 101
- One week the garbanzo beans are slightly caramelized and sautéed with Serrano ham, onion and arugula; the next week the beans are simply braised with tomato and spices.