- any plant of the genus Caragana having even-pinnate leaves and mostly yellow flowers followed by seeds in a linear pod
How To Use caragana In A Sentence
- She could smell the pungent blossoms of the town's caragana hedges, for sure. The Doctor's Daughter
- Caragana korshinski, salix psammophila and sweat vetch hedysarumi are three good sand shrubs for resisting wind, protecting water and soil, improving ecosystem.
- Your weekend was much better than mine; we spent Saturday cutting caragana bushes, and Sunday recuperating. Ecstacy: we go to stamp exchange (Postcards) & go to see squirrel friends
- I spied a pair of robins this afternoon amongst the caragana bushes. Merry First Day of Spring!
- The caragana bushes would flower along the sidewalks; buildings would be painted the morning after a happy event.
- _ -- The small shrubby caragana (Caragana pygmaea) was unusually fine this spring when in full bloom. Trees, Fruits and Flowers of Minnesota, 1916 Embracing the Transactions of the Minnesota State Horticultural Society,Volume 44, from December 1, 1915, to December 1, 1916, Including the Twelve Numbers of "The Minnesota Horticulturist" for 1916
- North-facing slopes are shrubbier at the low elevations (Caragana, Spiraea, Cotoneaster) and give way at about 2,500 m to a parklike forest-meadow mosaic in which the meadows are dominated by the grasses Festuca spp., Tian Shan montane steppe and meadows
- The distinctive feature of melkosopochnik vegetation is the abundance of shrubs (Caragana balchashensis, C. frutex, Spiraea hypericifolia). Kazakh semi-desert
- I also spent some time pruning the caragana bushes that grow in my backyard near the clothesline. Pruning
- Caragana frutex, formerly called Caragana frutescens, is a somewhat taller shrub and not quite so floriferous. Trees, Fruits and Flowers of Minnesota, 1916 Embracing the Transactions of the Minnesota State Horticultural Society,Volume 44, from December 1, 1915, to December 1, 1916, Including the Twelve Numbers of "The Minnesota Horticulturist" for 1916