[ US /ˌkæpɪtəɫɪˈzeɪʃən/ ]
- an estimation of the value of a business
- the act of capitalizing on an opportunity
- writing in capital letters
- the sale of capital stock
How To Use capitalization In A Sentence
- So far, so good, so much more credible—and spoiled only slightly by the blandishment that those that fail should present plans for recapitalization "as swiftly as possible. Is This the End of the Beginning for the Euro Crisis?
- The recovery is on track, the current-account surplus is healthy, capital flows are strong, companies are restructuring and the recapitalization of banks is almost complete.
- I regularize the capitalization etc. of the original.
- By default, both vi and Vim won't match anywhere in the text where the capitalization isn't exactly the same as the search pattern you entered; however, we can change this default behavior.
- A private guarantor would do this by identifying and forcing the recapitalization of troubled institutions as soon as they weaken.
- Making the quotas transferable eliminates the problem of overcapitalization and increases efficiency, because the least efficient fishing operations find it more profitable to sell their quotas than to exploit them through continued fishing. Robert Stavins: Using Markets to Make Fisheries Sustainable
- Of course practical factors such as capitalization and corporate acquisition have also been at work in whether or not subsidiaries exist.
- Update #2: several people wrote in to point out that Kiesling explains his capitalization explicitly in a footnote.
- U.K. power-systems company Rolls-Royce, which is listed on the FTSE 100 index and has a market capitalization of nearly £7 billion, or about $14 billion, said it has replaced Merrill Lynch with Morgan Stanley as joint broker following a review of its broking lineup initiated this year by the company's board. Morgan Stanley supplants
- Routine modernization and the recapitalization of legacy systems appear to overshadow programs that could yield disruptive innovation.