- a former province of southern South Africa that was settled by the Dutch in 1652 and ceded to Great Britain in 1814; in 1994 it was split into three new provinces of South Africa
How To Use Cape Province In A Sentence
- A referendum on the way in which certain pieces of commonage land will be owned and administrated in the Namaqualand region of the Northern Cape Province, will be held from 30 December 2002 to ANC Daily News Briefing
- The Aug. 24-Sept. 3 trek covers Cape Province wineries, private gardens, open fields and a flower show.
- A native of southern Africa, the quagga used to occur in vast herds in the Karoo regions of Cape Province and the southern part of Orange Free State.
- Substrate effects of zoogenic soil mounds on vegetation composition in the Worcester-Robertson valley, Cape Province. Nama Karoo
- In July, South Africa's Western Cape province had been hit by a similar outbreak which prompted authorities to quarantine swine at piggeries at the town of Worcester, northeast of Cape Town. ANC Daily News Briefing
- The Cape Colony (and the Cape Province afterwards) had the annulets in the same field as a rampant lion.
- Robert Sobukwe, who was then 35 years old and a graduate of Fort Hare from Graaff-Reinet in the Cape Province of South Africa. 'I Saw a Nightmare …' Doing Violence to Memory: The Soweto Uprising, June 16, 1976