[ US /ˈkæn, ˈkænz/ ]
- a port and resort city on the French Riviera; site of an annual film festival
How To Use Cannes In A Sentence
- Her film was premiered in Cannes Festival.
- Some nights I dance, but when I am in Cannes then I can detect.
- Sparing us all the obligatory arguments about Ford “defining the American West” with his sweeping, desolate camera shots and Wayne’s anabashedly American Americanness, there’s just no denying that Ford and Wayne — tag team partners on more than 20 films — are simply one of the most prolific duos in celluloid history. Top 10 Actor / Director Tandems In Movie History | Best Week Ever
- The suspense film "Overheard 2" revealed its English poster yesterday at the 64th Cannes Film Festival.
- Robin Hood, the latest depiction of folklore's most enduring and filmable character — directed by Ridley Scott and starring Russell Crowe — will open the Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday and in theaters on Friday. Robin Hood's fluid identity flows on
- His follow-up picture Assassin premiered at Cannes in 1997 to particularly dismissive critical opprobrium and never earned a release in the UK.
- Drawing on these experiences, Webb's novelettes focus on the leisure-time activities of upper-class society in London, Paris, and Cannes.
- Cannes hosts the annual film festival.
- France passes G20 baton after messy summit FRANCE'S year-long G20 term stumbled to a messy end at the Cannes summit, where President Nicolas Sarkozy's dreams of reforming world finance were torpedoed by the eurozone debt crisis. NEWS.com.au | Top Stories
- What are the must-sees at next week's Cannes film festival?