- a wolf with a brindled grey coat living in forested northern regions of North America
How To Use Canis lupus In A Sentence
- There are no records of either thylacines or dingoes (Canis lupus dingo) having ever lived on the island.
- Notable mammals include the reintroduced bison or wisent Bison bonasus (EN), wolf Canis lupus, lynx Felis lynx, otter Lutra lutra and European beaver Castor fiber, also reintroduced. Belovezhskaya Pushcha National Park, Belarus
- The area is faunistically rich, including European brown bear Ursus arctos, wolf Canis lupus, European otter Lutra lutra, wild cat Felis silvestris, eagle owl Bubo bubo, and capercaillie Tetra urogallus. Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
- Other researchers have presented evidence that Canis lupus lycaon, the eastern timber wolf, may be a distinct species, Canis lycaon.
- Canis lupus represented the only native species missing from Yellowstone, tarnishing the conservation record of America's ‘crown jewel’.
- There are three universally recognized species of wolves in the world: the gray wolf (Canis lupus), the red wolf (Canis rufus) and the Ethiopian (or Abyssinian) wolf, (Canis simensis).
- Carnivores include Canis lupus, Vulpes vulpes, Vulpes corsac and Otocolobus manul in the mountains, valleys, and steppe, Lynx lynx in the forest, Gulo gulo in rugged areas and Meles meles in the forest steppe. Altai montane forest and forest steppe
- There are 54 species of mammal including European bison Bison bonasus (EN), grey wolf Canis lupus and lynx Felis lynx, otter Lutra lutra, beaver Castor fiber (LR) (re-introduced in 1955), northern birch mouse Sicista betulina (LR) and masked shrew Sorex caecutiens (the only known population in Poland), as well as elk Alces alces (uncommon). Bialowieza Forest, Poland
- Detecting introgressive hybridization between free-ranging domestic dogs and wild wolves (Canis lupus) by admixture linkage disequalibrum analysis. Archive 2006-10-01
- These include wolf Canis lupus, brown bear Ursus arctos, lynx Felis lynx, wild pig Sus scrofa, Caucasian deer Cervus elaphus moral, roe deer Capreolus capreolus, the west Caucasian tur Capra caucasica (EN) and chamois Rupicapra rupicapra and the reintroduced European bison Bison bonasus x B. bonasus caucasicus. Western Caucasus, Russian Federation