wipe out the effect of something
The new tax effectively cancels out my raise
The `A' will cancel out the `C' on your record
How To Use cancel out In A Sentence
- A really rotten book tends to cancel out the less rotten ones that went before. The Times Literary Supplement
- Messages from thousands of photoreceptors are funneled into each ganglion cell, except some cancel out the actions of others.
- In a rare display of cross-party consensus, the US House of Representatives scheduled a swift vote on a bill to authorise the US commerce department to impose duties on Chinese imports to cancel out what some politicians claim is a 40% discount on their price on global markets. US politicians threaten trade war with China
- This month's pay cheque will cancel out his debt, but it won't give him any extra money.
- Chelsea's Joe Cole set up Crouch to cancel out Omar Pouso's first-half volley and then scored one himself in injury time to clinch victory.
- Similar technology is already used to cancel out engine noise. The Sun
- Her kindness and generosity cancel out her occasional flashes of temper.
- The constant spin continues to cancel out the effect of gravity, and keeps the wheel upright.
- But Sepp said continuing the mortgage and charitable deductions at the same time would cancel out the increase from investment taxes.
- Just as numbers cancel out when the same number is on the top and bottom of a fraction (2/2 = 2 ÷ 2 = 1), so do units cancel out if you have the same unit in the numerator and denominator.