- a Mexican state on the eastern part of the Gulf of Campeche
- a Mexican city on the Bay of Campeche
How To Use Campeche In A Sentence
- There is a potential track that Hurricane Dean could take which could hit Mexico in the Bay of Campeche , but it seems to be tracking a little north of that.
- The territory of Campeche is politically divided into ten municipios. Campeche: on the edge of the Maya world
- They took also a Vessel of Marooners that belonged to the Bay and carried to Campeche Town, where they erected a mighty Gallows, and threaten to hang them all.
- Here is our guide to a two-week, twin-centre break on the Yucatan, making use of an open-jaw flight into Campeche or Merida and out of Cancun.
- The presence of Kanjobal as a language of Campeche is not unusual considering that the non-native population numbered 26.4% in 2000. Campeche: on the edge of the Maya world
- One of the worst oil spills to impact the Gulf was also a well blowout, in the Bay of Campeche off Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico, in June 1979.
- Campeche is bounded on the north and northeast by the State of Yucatán, on the east by the State of Quintana Roo, on the southeast by the nation of Belize, on the southwest by the State of Tabasco, and on the south by the Petén Department of Guatemala. Campeche: on the edge of the Maya world
- Richard was centered about 145 miles (235 kilometers) south of Campeche, Mexico, and was moving west-northwest near 8 mph (13 kph). Hurricane Richard 2010: Belize Hit By Storm
- But other scientists cite studies done after the 1979 Ixtoc-1 spill in Mexico's Gulf of Campeche that showed little effect from the oil or dispersants in the years that followed. The U.
- Adjacent to the Mayan-dominant Yucatán state, Calkiní contained 34.9% of all the Maya speakers in Campeche in 2000. Campeche: on the edge of the Maya world