[ US /ˌkæɫɪˈfɔɹnjən/ ]
of or relating to or characteristic of California or its inhabitants
- a native or resident of California
How To Use Californian In A Sentence
- Californian hippies in suits intone the inane and never-challenged mantra that information wants to be free.
- There were brighter pictures, of early Mexican-Californian life, a pastel of twilight eucalyptus with a sunset-tipped mountain beyond, by Reimers, a moonlight by Peters, and a Griffin stubble-field across which gleamed and smoldered California summer hills of tawny brown and purple-misted, wooded canyons. CHAPTER VIII
- She will spend a week relaxing in the Californian sunshine with a select team of stylists hand-picked from across the globe.
- But Californian pistachios, which are harvested and processed by more sophisticated means, are usually unblemished and left undyed.
- 'I love to mix the' homegirl 'look with Hollywood glamour,' the Californian-born singer said. Home | Mail Online
- It was an instant bestseller, but was also controversial in its portrayal of the treatment of migrants in Californian labour camps. Times, Sunday Times
- Two-thirds of Californians live within 15 miles of the coast.
- But in that typically unabashed and upfront Californian way - though she was actually born in Phoenix, Arizona - she refuses to be coy about the band's bacchanalian excesses.
- If you don't drink the occasional bottle of Californian wine, then you're missing out on some real treasures.
- Simplifies tax filing for thousands of middle-income Californians by increasing the exemption amounts used in calculating the Alternative Minimum Tax.