- any plant of the genus Caladium cultivated for their ornamental foliage variously patterned in white or pink or red
How To Use caladium In A Sentence
- Semi-tropical natives such as dahlias, gladioli, begonias, canna, caladium, elephant ears, oxalis and other tender summer-flowering bulbs will not make it through the winter outside of the warmest climate zones.
- It's not too late to plant more bush beans, summer squash, melons, peppers, eggplants, marigolds, zinnias, gomphrena, rudbeckia, coleus and caladiums.
- Abutilons; agapanthus; alstremeria; amaryllis; anemone; aralia; araucaria; auricula; azaleas; begonias; cactus; caladium; calceolaria; calla; camellias; cannas; carnations; century plants; chrysanthemums; cineraria; clematis; coleus; crocus; croton; cyclamen; dahlia; ferns; freesia; fuchsia; geranium; gladiolus; gloxinia; grevillea; hollyhocks; hyacinths; iris; lily; lily-of-the-valley; mignonette; moon-flowers; narcissus; oleander; oxalis; palms; pandanus; pansy; pelargonium; peony; phlox; primulas; rhododendrons; rose; smilax; stocks; sweet pea; swainsona; tuberose; tulips; violet; wax plant. Manual of Gardening (Second Edition)
- So toss the foil wrap that adorns their pots and pair them with colorful bromeliads, caladiums, or ivy to dress an entry or tabletop.
- Plant agapanthus, caladium, canna, gladiolus, lilies, nerine, tuberose, tuberous begonias, watsonia - and, of course, dahlias.
- Like everyone else I've used the pink hues of impatiens and the ubiquitous caladiums, but I was yearning for something a little brighter.
- Use light-colored pots, then fill them with white - or pastel-colored impatiens or tuberous begonias and plants with patterned foliage, such as caladium and polka-dot plant. StarTribune.com rss feed
- Use: The caladium is a bedding or container plant grown for its colorful foliage. Caladium, candleabra cactus and canna lily: ornamental plants and flowers of tropical Mexico
- This is a caladium species, and when I say a species, I mean a plant that occurs exactly as you see in the forest, as opposed to a plant that's been bred by the hybridists.
- Cool jumbo-leafed caladiums thrive in the shade.