How To Use Caesaropapism In A Sentence
- a long alliance between the papacy and the prede - cessors of Charlemagne had resulted in the re-creation of an “empire” — one in which Charlemagne was able to exercise a sort of “caesaropapism,” controlling the CHRISTIANITY IN HISTORY
- The Church's autonomy from political power was asserted gradually and painstakingly, but irreversibly, despite the recurring waves of caesaropapism, fundamentalism, and anticlericalism, becoming one of the main pillars of modern Western civilization. Tea at Trianon
- Tibet was a caesaropapism heocratic Regime before 1949 where your holy Dalai Lama peel live children's skin for his birthday celebration and the monks and nobles who consistute less than Boston.com Top Stories
- In contrast, the Russians are currently rediscovering Muscovy's Byzantine legacy of caesaropapism. Democratic Ukraine, Autocratic Russia: Why?
- With the institutionalization of concept of velayat-e faqih, a state-sanctioned push toward a form of "caesaropapism" was initiated, MRZine.org
- In Christian history it is known as caesaropapism. Three Types of Civilized Societies « Isegoria
- a renewed period of turbulence; and in the tenth cen - tury the papacy, having no longer an emperor to pro - tect it, came to “the saddest period in its history” when it met something worse than “caesaropapism,” becom - ing the victim and the plaything of the local Roman aristocracy. CHRISTIANITY IN HISTORY