a place where taxis park while awaiting customers
in England the place where taxis wait to be hired is called a `taxi rank'
How To Use cabstand In A Sentence
- In May 1912 the cabstand was demolished in the interest of creating a garden in the middle of Broad Street.
- Instead, either a phone call to the company or a walk to the nearest of many cabstands will do the trick.
- Even before I first wandered into the cabstand for an after-school job, I knew I wanted to be a part of them.
- It's simple enough to work the cabstands, pick up passengers, mindlessly drive them to their destinations, and then turn around and drive back to the cabstand to pick up the next passenger.
- At Dulles Airport, cabstands are hard to find.
- He's my real-life boyfriend, so we have the emotional connectedness required to convince a cabstand full of strangers that we were a married couple on the brink.
- The impacts of regulatory changes are most pronounced at cabstands and in the hailing segments.
- At cabstands in many major airports like Chicago's O'Hare and New York's LaGuardia, there are special rates for people willing to share rides into the city.
- Afterwards, Henry tells the wise guys at the cabstand that he has to quit his job.
- Or it's available at the cabstand which is located in front of the station.