[ US /ˈbɔɪ/ ]
[ UK /bˈɔɪ/ ]
[ UK /bˈɔɪ/ ]
a friendly informal reference to a grown man
he likes to play golf with the boys
a male human offspring
their son became a famous judge
his boy is taller than he is
a youthful male person
she made the boy brush his teeth every night
the baby was a boy
most soldiers are only boys in uniform
How To Use boy In A Sentence
- In 1984, he started Oh Boy as an outlet for his songwriting.
- During adolescence , boys and girls will take on secondary sexual characteristics.
- The film also stars Jared Leto as Alexander's special boyhood chum, Rosario Dawson as his sex-starved wife, Angelina Jolie as his nagging mother and Val Kilmer as his abusive father.
- There was no mail coach -- no driver in scarlet -- no mail guard -- no passengers, but only a ramshackle iron mail cart -- a "postboy" as driver and carrying no arms. The King's Post Being a volume of historical facts relating to the posts, mail coaches, coach roads, and railway mail services of and connected with the ancient city of Bristol from 1580 to the present time
- Her boyfriend was watching in the audience as well which made it even naughtier. The Sun
- Speed ramps along College Road, put in to try and dissuade boy racers who use the road to cut from one side of the town to the other, have been branded useless.
- Mickey-boy, 'if the Joy Lady is so anxious to get the baby, and sew its clothes herself, why I'll just let her,' so I did _let_ her, but it took some time to make them, so I had to wait to bring it 'til tonight. Michael O'Halloran
- The imbalance in the number of girls and boys of marriageable age is not the only cause of these social changes, and it will not persist for long.
- Not convinced by these public schoolboys! Thinking the Unthinkable
- I have no great picture of her to link because I am out of town in San Francisco and all the pictures I have are the naked librarian Playboy centerfolds I got in email a few days back.