He bowed out when he realized he could no longer handle the demands of the chairmanship
remove oneself from an obligation
He bowed out when he heard how much work was involved
How To Use bow out In A Sentence
- She didn't want to compain anymore, so she decided to bow out.
- Her left arm by her side, her right elbow out at an angle and her forearm shaking like a pneumatic drill.
- Who hasn't broken an impending fall with an outstretched hand, which can jar the bones of the elbow out of place?
- She has finally decided it's time to bow out of international tennis.
- Mr. Mbewe slides the stick shift into gear then rests his left hand on the wheel, poking a casual right elbow out of the window.
- Obama needs to bow out of the race now, he can't win sb Obama says he's 'outraged' with pastor's comments
- It does not seek to elbow out mother tongues, but to coexist and continue to evolve alongside other languages. Times, Sunday Times
- But the reality telly favourite has finally decided to bow out, leaving producers struggling to find stars for another series. The Sun
- Reeves thinks it is time for him to bow out of politics.
- Pre-Season Prep: Did the scouting over the past 3 wks., hung 6 bow stands on 3 different properties, got my trusty old Matthews SQ-2 bow out, had it "prepped" .... (strings waxed, new peep sight, and a new Copper John bow sight) and gave my wish list for the latest gadgets, clothing, etc. to my hubby. Season Prep