[ US /ˈbɔɹɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /bˈɔːɹɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /bˈɔːɹɪŋ/ ]
- the act of drilling a hole in the earth in the hope of producing petroleum
- the act of drilling
so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness
a dull play
tedious days on the train
the tiresome chirping of a cricket
his competent but dull performance
other people's dreams are dreadfully wearisome
a ho-hum speaker who couldn't capture their attention
the deadening effect of some routine tasks
what an irksome task the writing of long letters is
a boring evening with uninteresting people
How To Use boring In A Sentence
- Now, I can't help but wonder if these people have a quick look-see, utter ‘boring’ and move on, or whether they're actually reading anything I bother to blather on about in here.
- The first part of the book is pretty boring, but it gets a lot better as the story goes on.
- For the kids the knee-jerk tourist products are wooden toys, but they are lumpish, boring objects, unlikely to appeal to any but the most simple-minded of toddlers.
- CAMBODIA - Cambodia is alarmed at the illegal import of pigs from the neighboring country of Viet Nam. ThePigSite - Global Pig Industry News Feeds
- Instead of going to work thinking that it will be totally boring, try to be positive.
- But it is highly unlikely that Bertrand found the trip as boring as his song implies.
- As my mom drove me home, after an embarrassing shower of kisses at the bus station, she chattered on and on about how boring her life was without me.
- Unlike the neighboring U.S. Virgin Islands - St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. John - Tortola and Virgin Gorda are not duty-free ports.
- I would revoke all building codes other than those where a failure of a building can affect neighboring properties: requirements for fire-retardant materials in roofing materials, or inspections to assure the structural integrity of a building taller than its distance from the property line are the sorts of things that come immediately to mind. The Volokh Conspiracy » Does the Supposedly Superior Expertise of Regulators Justify Libertarian Paternalism?
- I thought of biochemistry in our neighboring sciences and of psychophysics, and more recently of psychopharmacology, as examples of fruitful splitting and recombination in our own science.