[ US /ˌbiˈsi/ ]
before the Christian era; used following dates before the supposed year Christ was born
in 200 BC
How To Use B.C. In A Sentence
- For centuries, scholars have squabbled over the design of the ship, which was crucial to defeating the Persians in the Battle of Salamis in 480 B.C., part of a wider war that included the fight at Thermopylae dramatized in the film "300. Epic Struggle: Fans Fight to Revive an Oar-Powered Greek Warship
- In the manvantara 2980 to 1480 B.C., did the Western Laya The Crest-Wave of Evolution A Course of Lectures in History, Given to the Graduates' Class in the Raja-Yoga College, Point Loma, in the College-Year 1918-19
- There’s a town on the central coast of British Columbia called Bella Coola, B.C. that could probably use a little attention right now. Blogging Batholiths Part 2 - The Panda's Thumb
- Ithome, a new capital which they called Messene (370 B.C.). The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 10: Mass Music-Newman
- The same signary was also used in the early historical period to write Greek; by the end of the third century B.C., Greek alphabetic writing had almost completely supplanted the native script.
- Then there are the ruins of Dura-Europos, a Parthian caravan center founded in 300 B.C., halfway between Syria and Mesopotamia and known as the "Pompeii of the East.
- Along with its strong existing base in micromachining, B.C. has all the resources necessary to play a leading role in the development of the next generations of nanotechnologies.
- During the Classical Greek period from about 480 to 300 B.C. most necklaces were three dimensional pendants.
- B.C. voters have a tradition of casting aside parties that have outlived their usefulness.
- Researchers from the Institute of Cultural Relics and Archaeology of Henan Province in Zhengzhou found the flutes, crafted from the hollow ulnae (wing bones) of red-crowned crane, among fragments of 30 others at the Neolithic (ca. 8000-2000 B.C.) site of Jiahu in central Henan Province. Oldest Musical Instruments Still Play a Tune