[ UK /ɐtˈɑː/ ]
[ US /ˈætɝ/ ]
[ US /ˈætɝ/ ]
- essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers
How To Use attar In A Sentence
- It's not unusual for markets to take out important resistance levels and come back and retest, almost like a fake- out, but then go on and re-challenge them again and ultimately break through on a second or third attempt," Kattar, whose firm manages $1.7 billion, said in a telephone interview yesterday. BusinessWeek.com -- Top News
- The new line of defense stretched across a thirty-mile gap between the sea and the impassable Qattara Depression, and if that line fell there would be no more defenses, Egypt would be Rommel's. The Key to Rebecca
- Gbagbo's government says Ouattara's supporters are attacking security forces in Abobo, allegedly organized by former rebels into what local newspapers are calling "mystical commandos. Civilians Flee Fighting in Ivory Coast's Commercial Capital
- Tornato adunque l'Ammiraglio dallo scoprimento di Cuba and di Giamaica, tornò nella Spagnuola Bartolomeo Colon suo fratello, quello, che era già andato a trattare accordo col Re d'Inghilterra sopra lo scoprimento delle The Principal Navigations, Voyages, Traffiques, and Discoveries of The English Nation, Vol. XII., America, Part I.
- Honestly I'd rather be standing frostbitten and smelling like steelhead in the Cattaraugus than watching tv. The Zombie Plague
- Talk about your attar o 'roses an' cologne factories! All Gold Cañon
- Political pressure groups and leaders: Maoist guerrilla-based insurgency [Pushpa Kamal DAHAL, also known as PRACHANDA, chairman; Dr. Baburam BHATTARAI]; numerous small, left-leaning student groups in the capital; several small, radical Nepalese antimonarchist groups Nepal
- The valuable article of commerce known as attar of roses is made here in the following manner: -- On 40 pounds of roses are poured 60 pounds of water, and they are then distilled over a slow fire, and 30 pounds of rose water obtained. The Commercial Products of the Vegetable Kingdom Considered in Their Various Uses to Man and in Their Relation to the Arts and Manufactures; Forming a Practical Treatise & Handbook of Reference for the Colonist, Manufacturer, Merchant, and Consumer, o
- Paradoxically, this expert tracker, who was never attacked during his many forays into the forest, was almost killed by a man-eating leopard in a Chattarpur guesthouse.
- The flower is also extracted in India, but I can’t comment enough about its scent because I’ve only tried the attar, which is very subdued and not as heady as I expected. Floral Tea Notes