[ US /ˈæsəˌnaɪn/ ]
[ UK /ˈæsɪnˌaɪn/ ]
[ UK /ˈæsɪnˌaɪn/ ]
- extremely silly or stupid
How To Use asinine In A Sentence
- I know the stereotype is out there that donkeys are dumb animals (hence the root of the word asinine), but there are limits to their stupidity and I firmly believe even a donkey would not posit the garbage that Schmedly put forward. Obama Pokes Fun At Hillary's Shot-And-A-Beer
- To those claiming that this asinine sovereign citizen movement is a reaction to a black president, this ridiculousness has been around a LONG time, at least 30 years. Think Progress » Indiana’s ‘sovereign citizens’ renounce their U.S. citizenship, claim to secede from the Union.
- It is curious, as I look at the things in my own life: my own failures that led to success, my sometimes asinine reductivism concerning eras that were quite complicated, yet I still shrug and say "it all sucked. through with buzz
- Donkeys, however -- equus asinus- where we get the word asinine -- are principally known for stubbornness, a demonstration of which is now in session. Will Durst: Swamp Drainage Detritus
- Now, allow me to explain why the preceding statements are so utterly asinine.
- Each interview conducted by a HR specialist was asinine in the extreme, without exception.
- It's just plain asinine to think that by concious efforts alone you can stop all the spyware/viruses on the internet from infecting your computer. AppRemover Removes Stubborn Security Applications | Lifehacker Australia
- In Major League Baseball, meantime, the Yankees are bemoaning revenue sharing while White Sox General Manager Ken Williams used the word "asinine" to describe the possibility that Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols could land a $30 million a year contract. BusinessWeek.com -- Top News
- Alternatively should I talk about Asin, the Latin root of the English word "asinine" whose hyper-animated innocent girl routine was so grating that I was cheering on Ghajini and his sledgehammer to put me out my misery? Random Thoughts of a Demented Mind
- Donkeys, however -- equus asinus - where we get the word asinine -- are principally known for stubbornness, a demonstration of which is now in session. Will Durst: Swamp Drainage Detritus