[ UK /ɐɹˈaɪvəl/ ]
[ US /ɝˈaɪvəɫ/ ]
[ US /ɝˈaɪvəɫ/ ]
- someone who arrives (or has arrived)
- accomplishment of an objective
the act of arriving at a certain place
they awaited her arrival
How To Use arrival In A Sentence
- The theory I do not accept: one simply folds his sails, unships his rudder, and waits the will of Providence, or the arrival of some compelling fate. Saunterings
- There are some fantastic pubs and inns nearby but you should take advantage of the welcome pack you receive on arrival. The Sun
- His sister Anaumed went over to Armorica in 490, and upon her arrival was married to Budic, king of the Armorican Britons. The Lives of the Fathers, Martyrs, and Principal Saints January, February, March
- Our plans were thrown into disarray by her arrival.
- The arrival of the charity van set off a minor riot as villagers scrambled for a share of the aid.
- The much anticipated The Twilight Saga: Eclipse premiere is almost here and we will be hosting a live stream of the red carpet arrivals! TWILIGHT SAGA NEWS JUNE 16TH: ECLIPSE PREMEIRE, CULLEN FAMILY, ROBERT PATTINSON & MORE | Open Society Book Club Discussions and Reviews
- The principle of the itinerary engine is simple: from a departure address and an arrival address, or from longitude/latitude coordinates, Maporama International's servers calculate an optimized itinerary, respecting several constraints: the shortest or the more rapid itinerary, a pedestrian or car itinerary, a multimodal itinerary Internet News: Travel Archives
- Reg apparently came most Sunday afternoons to help welcome the anxious new arrivals.
- His arrival clearly puts a huge question mark against the future of the present team captain.
- While awaiting maintenance arrival, Airmen Green and Helton continued patrolling the area to verify that all aircraft were chocked.