[ US /ɝˈeɪndʒ/ ]
[ UK /ɐɹˈeɪndʒ/ ]
[ UK /ɐɹˈeɪndʒ/ ]
adapt for performance in a different way
set this poem to music
put into a proper or systematic order
arrange the books on the shelves in chronological order
dress my hair for the wedding
arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events
set up one's life
I put these memories with those of bygone times
arrange my schedule
make arrangements for
Can you arrange a meeting with the President?
set (printed matter) into a specific format
Format this letter so it can be printed out
plan, organize, and carry out (an event)
the neighboring tribe staged an invasion
How To Use arrange In A Sentence
- It was a simple rectangle of crudely mounded basalt rocks, a distinctive arrangement reminiscent of the way Samoans and other Polynesians marked their dead in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
- He appealed to all householders to continually check their security arrangements.
- All he could do was try different arrangements of transmitter and receiver. SIGNOR MARCONI'S MAGIC BOX: The invention that sparked the radio revolution
- Under this arrangement, the men of each village were organized into ‘tithings ' and expected to answer for each other's good behaviour.
- Band leader, Ray Blue, is also a composer, arranger and performer on tenor, alto and soprano saxophones.
- The authority of the father was absolute, as the head of a hierarchy arranged by generation, age and sex, in which every member of the extended family was related in rank to every other.
- She arranged for a sizeable loan from the temple based on her deposits there and then purchased a great store of corn from the temple granaries.
- So again if you're unfamiliar with this yarn and needle arrangement, start by knitting stripes in full needle rib.
- Baker's style is to prearrange deals by patiently and quietly lining up the parties before going public. The Rescue Squad
- I should have been side by side with you in your existence, having for my only care not to disarrange the cover of my dreadful pit. Les Miserables