[ US /ˌæpɫəˈkeɪʃən/ ]
[ UK /ˌæplɪkˈeɪʃən/ ]
[ UK /ˌæplɪkˈeɪʃən/ ]
a verbal or written request for assistance or employment or admission to a school
December 31 is the deadline for applications
a program that gives a computer instructions that provide the user with tools to accomplish a task
he has tried several different word processing applications
the action of putting something into operation
massage has far-reaching medical applications
the application of indexes to tables of data
the application of maximum thrust
liquid preparation having a soothing or antiseptic or medicinal action when applied to the skin
a lotion for dry skin
the work of applying something
a complete bleach requires several applications
the doctor prescribed a topical application of iodine
the surface was ready for a coating of paint
a diligent effort
it is a job requiring serious application
the act of bringing something to bear; using it for a particular purpose
a novel application of electronics to medical diagnosis
he advocated the application of statistics to the problem
How To Use application In A Sentence
- The application of fertilizer increased the size of the plants.
- This tolerance has practical application in bioremediation and in efforts to colonize polluted sites.
- Karam also highlighted the authority's implementation of surface-to-surface communications applications and upgrading from Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunication Network (AFTN) system to Aeronautical Message Handling System (AMHS). AME Info Latest News
- Application forms vary greatly in layout and length.
- The application allows users to geocode images, or link digital images to the location where they were taken.
- Increasing technological application and innovation in manufacturing industries result in more specialisation and distribution of processes on a global scale.
- The optimized compiler has a blended mode option for applications that will run on 80486 and Pentium boxes as well as a Pentium-only mode.
- We can add a custom rule for Live ID to copy the nameidentifier to the name claim if we plan on using the name in our application by clicking add, then configuring the rule to copy the Site Home
- Revolutionary applications of BEC in lithography, nanotechnology and holography appear to be just round the corner. The 2001 Nobel Prize in Physics - Information for the Public
- The State Department claims a 1980s General Services Administration directive resulted in the destruction of many passport applications and other "nonvital" passport records, including Hot Air » Top Picks