[ UK /ˈeɪp/ ]
[ US /ˈeɪp/ ]
[ US /ˈeɪp/ ]
imitate uncritically and in every aspect
Her little brother apes her behavior
represent in or produce a caricature of
The drawing caricatured the President
- person who resembles a nonhuman primate
- any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all
- someone who copies the words or behavior of another
How To Use ape In A Sentence
- My generation was raised on a diet of stultifyingly tedious, but worthy accounts of embryology, typically very badly printed on what appeared to be rice paper.
- If we have spent several class periods introducing conventions of reasoned evidence in argumentative writing, we usually look for such features in student papers.
- Statutory rape laws were first enacted to protect minors from older predators.
- His self-image is rooted in robotic toughness, like the shape-shifting, molten-metal fiend in Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- That's as it should be, as the newspaper has a global audience but not global printing presses.
- The seeds were then cut in half longitudinally and deposited on a sterile Whatman No.1 filter paper impregnated with 1% tetrazolium chloride.
- But here's the caveat: Not all books written by newspaper reporters should be reviewed.
- Because large sum of metal money is heaved and inconvenient to handle, government issue paper money.
- Baby and Infant Products, Flap Hats, Swim Diapers, Swimwear Outwear, Sleeping Bags.
- The magnificent 18 th-century mansion is set in private landscaped grounds at the edge of the town, opposite the golf links and West Sands but totally screened by trees, woods and 18-foot high lodge gates.