[ UK /ɐpˌætəsˈɔːɹəs/ ]
- huge quadrupedal herbivorous dinosaur common in North America in the late Jurassic
How To Use apatosaurus In A Sentence
- If Apatosaurus and Diplodocus were both low browsers, what potential advantages would be incurred from robust or gracile humeri and femora if walking on wet sediments?
- The enlarged medial ‘epicondyle’ of Apatosaurus may be tied with the flexors of its robust manus and pollex claw.
- He said continuing research into the species is important because of larger evolutionary questions, including their relationship to the much larger sauropod dinosaurs, including brachiousaurus and apatosaurus.
- Between them they named 130 species, doubling the number known to science, though many were so hastily identified, and based on so few bones, that they turned out to be duplicates (such as the massive herbivore apatosaurus, a.k.a brontosaurus) or mix-ups (such as the three-horned triceratops, which Marsh swore was "one of the largest of American bovines"). Forbes.com: News
- And one of the marvelous things God described to Job sounds very much like an apatosaurus.
- Here over thirteen hundred footprints of the plant-eating apatosaurus a.k.a. brontosaurus and the carnivorous three-toed allosaurus, ripple marks, a few clams, a palm frond and some horsetails, fish bones, ooids have all solidified into solid rock. Bird Cloud
- Apatosaurus shows some positively allometric trends that probably correlate with the overall robustness of its femur.
- The sauropod group of dinosaurs lived about 150 million years ago and included the diplodocus, the brachiosaurus and the apatosaurus. Times, Sunday Times
- In 2004-2005 an articulated Apatosaurus was removed from maroon mudstone in the Twin Juniper Quarry in Rabbit Valley. Cooperative Management of Paleontological Resources on Federal Lands in Mesa County, Colorado
- The name brontosaurus is not correct as the animal formerly called that turned out to be actually an apatosaurus with the head of a camarasaurus. More Dinosaur Concept Art Spotted at Pixar | /Film