- anxiety relieving
- a tranquilizer used to relieve anxiety and reduce tension and irritability
How To Use anxiolytic In A Sentence
- Sedatives are more properly called anxiolytic drugs.
- Alprazolam and oxazepam are generally equivalent with weak but broad-spectrum properties; lorazepam has significant anxiolytic and anticonvulsant properties; temazepam is used primarily as a hypnotic. The Neuropsychiatric Guide to Modern Everyday Psychiatry
- Severe persistent anxiety may merit the short term prescription of anxiolytic drugs such as diazepam.
- Muscle relaxant, anaesthetic, anticonvulsive and anxiolytic effects are thought to result from direct interactions of kavalactones with voltage-gated ion channels. Xml's Blinklist.com
- These patients often respond rapidly to IV or oral long-acting anxiolytics, such as chlordiazepoxide or diazepam doses of 25 mg or 10 mg, respectively and can return home the same day. The Neuropsychiatric Guide to Modern Everyday Psychiatry
- She had received counseling, antidepressants, anxiolytics, and sleep medication from her former physician, but in her opinion these had merely dulled her cognition and memory.
- Although hypoxemia and anxiety may cause agitation and restlessness, anxiolytic medications should be administered only when the physician is prepared to intubate.
- Grief mostly requires reassurance from friends and counseling by family physician with occasional small dose of anxiolytic medication.
- Sedatives and anxiolytics should not be used alone to manage pain because they can mask the behavioral response to pain without providing analgesia.
- Smokers with a high level of anxiety symptoms could possibly benefit from anxiolytics as a smoking cessation intervention.