- an association between organisms that is harmful to one of them or between organisms and a metabolic product of another
How To Use antibiosis In A Sentence
- According to researchers at Pioneer Hi-Bred, a DuPont business, growers can choose varieties based on aphid resistance - or antibiosis - scores. WebWire | Recent Headlines
- Minocycline has an acceptable side-effect profile and tolerability when utilized for short-term antibiosis. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- The inner lining of the shoe contains charcoal for antibiosis and deodorization, along with nano silver to prevent and eradicate athlete's foot. LewRockwell.com
- The word probiosis originated from Greek: pro (for) and biosis (life), and is therefore opposite in meaning to antibiosis, promoting the proliferation of bacterial species within the gastrointestinal tract. Protexin - Probiotics. Pets need them, too!
- The plates were incubated at 28°C and observed for antibiosis after 24 hours in case of yeasts and 96 hours in case of moulds.
- Moving forward, growers likely will see continued improvements in the area of soybean aphid antibiosis as well as resistant varieties. WebWire | Recent Headlines
- Antibiosis is often caused by the production of toxic chemicals by the plant.
- An example of this process, called antibiosis, is provided by marigold roots, which release chemicals that are toxic to several species of fungi.
- So, and the notion of antibiosis is -- really only goes into the 19th century. The Mold in Dr. Florey�s Coat: The Story of the Penicillin Miracle
- The elements in bamboo liquid such as ethylic acid, phenol compounds and alcohol can clean skins and diminish inflammation with their effects of antibiosis , bacteriostasis.