- (psychiatry) a psychological disorder characterized by somatic delusions that you are too fat despite being emaciated
How To Use anorexia nervosa In A Sentence
- It seems to me that anorexia nervosa acts as a metaphor for all the problems of adolescence.
- The other main eating disorder, anorexia nervosa, is characterised by excessive weight loss.
- Bratman asserts that “emaciation is common among followers of certain health food diets, such as rawfoodism, and this can at times reach the extremes seen in anorexia nervosa.” Dr. Sharma’s Obesity Notes » Blog Archive » When Healthy Eating Becomes an Obsession
- This text examines how clinicians in the psychiatry field treat anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge-eating disorders.
- By 11, when she was admitted to a psychiatric hospital for treatment of anorexia nervosa, she weighed 42 pounds.
- This again is a symptomatic consequence of suffering from anorexia nervosa.
- The family has been shown to play an important role in both the development and the treatment of eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia.
- Since her arrest she has reportedly suffered from anorexia nervosa.
- The current diagnostic criteria for anorexia nervosa reflect this evolutionary process but they have yet to achieve the final category.
- It's important to distinguish binge eating disorder from other eating disorders, such as bulimia nervosa and anorexia nervosa.