having no known name or identity or known source
an anonymous gift
How To Use anon. In A Sentence
- PENTAGON CORRESPONDENT: Well, Lou, a senior defense official tells CNN that that consideration of using helicopters to rescue Americans would happen only if the Americans could not move over land to the seaport, which is the preferred option to get all the Americans out of Lebanon. CNN Transcript Jul 19, 2006
- With Charles II. the embroidered gloves seem to have vanished along with the stumpwork pictures, of which more anon. Chats on Old Lace and Needlework
- On physical examination, a swollen, fluid-filled sac is noted and palpated over the olecranon.
- A sesamoid bone is occasionally contained within the tendon of the triceps muscle proximal to the olecranon.
- And sithen hitherward might no knight see her, but that he died anon. The Travels of Sir John Mandeville
- Although Damascus insists that its forces are conducting an antismuggling operation, the Lebanese government is eyeing the moves with unease, believing that the unusual scale of the deployment has more to do with tensions between the two countries over recent sectarian clashes in northern Lebanon. Political Resonance
- ‘A lot of the design process in such a vertical house involves figuring out how to get people around,’ says Ranon.
- MICHAEL OREN, OFFICER, ISRAEL DEFENSE FORCE: I think Israel learned some very important lessons from Lebanon, Fareed, some very bitter lessons from Lebanon. CNN Transcript Jan 4, 2009
- Sa: Oh , he did that with Diane Canon. Oh yeah, sure.
- He said the pen earlier and now the mouse of the computer is more powerful than the might of the canon.