[ US /əˈnaʊnst/ ]
[ UK /ɐnˈaʊnst/ ]
[ UK /ɐnˈaʊnst/ ]
declared publicly; made widely known
the newspaper's proclaimed adherence to the government's policy
their announced intentions
How To Use announced In A Sentence
- LONDON, February 4/PRNewswire-FirstCall/-- The Board of Royal Dutch Shell plc ( "RDS") today announced an interim dividend in respect of the fourth quarter of 2009 of US$0. 42 per A and B ordinary share, an increase of 5% over the US dollar dividend for the same quarter last year. The Earth Times Online Newspaper
- NSW Architecture Awards Announced: Gorgeous Oz-chitecture Balgowlah House by Reg Lark – Inhabitat about mission submit a story shop advertise with us support us press contact sign up NSW Architecture Awards Announced: Gorgeous Oz-chitecture Balgowlah House by Reg Lark – Inhabitat
- Two rows behind the bench sits a sweet-faced junior college girl who just announced her intention to play for Oregon next year.
- French-headquartered RFID card, ticket and reader provider announced this week that ASK-intTag, a joint venture it established with Wisconsin-based label converter RFID Update
- I would show up unannounced, watch Jaime teach calculus, chat with Principal Henry Gradillas, check in with other Advanced Placement classes and in the early afternoon call my editor in Washington to say I was chasing down the latest medfly outbreak story, or whatever seemed believable at the time. Unlike many, Escalante believed in teaching, not sorting
- But of course Buchco is hideous and wrong, we need to raise taxes and let's throw in free college tuition too tsk stk btw, neither of you seemned to be aware the mayor of Pittsburgh just announced a similar "homestead" program where Pittsburgh residents will get their tution paid in an effort to get people to move to Pittsburgh. Radio alert.
- Overhead, a mewing cry announced the passing of a white-tailed sea eagle, which was being mobbed by agitated gulls.
- Some openly jeered and shouted in disgust when the final vote tally was announced.
- Mr. Derringham says you are called Cheiron," Mr.. Cricklander announced laughingly. Halcyone
- 'Mmm, this cream cheese is delicious,' announced the girl next to me, biting into her croissant with vigor.