[ US /əˈnaʊns/ ]
[ UK /ɐnˈaʊns/ ]
[ UK /ɐnˈaʊns/ ]
- foreshadow or presage
announce publicly or officially
The President declared war
make known; make an announcement
She denoted her feelings clearly
give the names of
He announced the winners of the spelling bee
How To Use announce In A Sentence
- Some putz suddenly takes the stage to announce me and exclaim excitedly that this was my ‘largest sold-out crowd to date!’.
- LONDON, February 4/PRNewswire-FirstCall/-- The Board of Royal Dutch Shell plc ( "RDS") today announced an interim dividend in respect of the fourth quarter of 2009 of US$0. 42 per A and B ordinary share, an increase of 5% over the US dollar dividend for the same quarter last year. The Earth Times Online Newspaper
- Seven years before US Surgeon General Luther Terry would announce a link between smoking and cancer, this information was political and business dynamite.
- A couple of weeks after the monarch's announcement, heavy rain began to fall, thus ending the drought.
- NSW Architecture Awards Announced: Gorgeous Oz-chitecture Balgowlah House by Reg Lark – Inhabitat about mission submit a story shop advertise with us support us press contact sign up NSW Architecture Awards Announced: Gorgeous Oz-chitecture Balgowlah House by Reg Lark – Inhabitat
- Two rows behind the bench sits a sweet-faced junior college girl who just announced her intention to play for Oregon next year.
- French-headquartered RFID card, ticket and reader provider announced this week that ASK-intTag, a joint venture it established with Wisconsin-based label converter RFID Update
- I would show up unannounced, watch Jaime teach calculus, chat with Principal Henry Gradillas, check in with other Advanced Placement classes and in the early afternoon call my editor in Washington to say I was chasing down the latest medfly outbreak story, or whatever seemed believable at the time. Unlike many, Escalante believed in teaching, not sorting
- But of course Buchco is hideous and wrong, we need to raise taxes and let's throw in free college tuition too tsk stk btw, neither of you seemned to be aware the mayor of Pittsburgh just announced a similar "homestead" program where Pittsburgh residents will get their tution paid in an effort to get people to move to Pittsburgh. Radio alert.
- A dear little announcerette rattled off expert intros to various gymnastic jingles, one of which featured dogs barking in the background.