[ UK /ˌænɪvˈɜːsəɹˌi/ ]
[ US /ˌænəˈvɝsɝi/ ]
[ US /ˌænəˈvɝsɝi/ ]
- the date on which an event occurred in some previous year (or the celebration of it)
How To Use anniversary In A Sentence
- The security police quickly squelched an extremely rare public demonstration demanding political reform on Monday, the 41st anniversary of the Baath Party's seizure of power here.
- One for the latex lovers in your life, this anniversary alternative event is circus-themed, but remember to peel off your strongman's handlebar 'tache if you want to tuck into the birthday cake in the chillout room. Clubs picks of the week
- Thursday, the president addresses the Israeli Knesset, followed by a reception in honor of Israel's 60-year anniversary.
- I look forward to eting you on your golden wedding anniversary.May you have many gold years.
- This year, Artweek celebrates its tenth anniversary, and events have a distinctly cosmopolitan flavour.
- ALLAHABAD - As the country marked the first anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attacks, hundreds of people in Uttar Pradesh's Allahabad district turned up at the bank of the Ganga Thursday to witness the "hanging" of terrorist Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab. Gaea Times (by Simple Thoughts) Breaking News and incisive views 24/7
- The anniversary report is acknowledged as a tremendous achievement.
- Morrissey and the Duranies are back in the charts; the 20th anniversary edition of Purple Rain was released last week; and Band Aid are already being tipped as a dead cert for the Christmas number one spot.
- Success is also particularly appropriate this year, as the band is celebrating its golden anniversary.
- Many of the pictures and symbols were helpful to the Democrats 'cause: a family that clearly was from the real America -- Wallace and Bobby, his parents; a wife, Elizabeth, who looks like the kind of unpretentious person who doesn't mind celebrating her anniversary at Wendy's; a demure daughter and two towheaded tots. Digital Dispatches