- a communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea; achieved independence from France in 1945
How To Use Annam In A Sentence
- These include the near-endemic white-eyed prinia Prinia leontica (VU), the grey-winged robinchat Cossypha polioptera, lemon dove Columba larvata, Sharp's apalis Apalis sharpei, whitenecked rockfowl Picathartes gymnocephalus (VU) and Nimba flycatcher Melaenornis annamarulae (VU), A detailed account of birds in Liberian Nimba is given in Coston & Curry-Lindahl (1986). Mount Nimba Strict Nature Reserve, Guinea and Côte d'Ivoire
- Muslims from the Seoul metropolitan area are flocking into the Seoul Central Masjid in Hannam-dong, central Seoul, to offer prayer for Ramadan, which started early this month.
- Even statues of Annamayya and Ramanuja, leave alone those of Mahatma Gandhi and Ambedkar, are enveloped in yellow festoons.
- Cryptophidion annamense, a new genus and species of cryptozoic snake from Vietnam (Reptilia: Serpentes). Archive 2006-09-01
- Count, grannam, count!" she cried imperiously, "and if't is not enough I've my little _churi_ for the first as dare touch me! Peregrine's Progress
- The Annamese all chew betel nut.
- When I hear such base, skeldering, coistril propositions come from the counsellors of your grace, and when I remember the Huffs, the Muns, and the Tityretu's by whom your grace's ancestors and predecessors were advised on such occasions, I begin to think the spirit of action is as dead in Alsatia as in my old grannam; and yet who thinks so thinks a lie, since I will find as many roaring boys in the Friars as shall keep the liberties against all the scavengers of Westminster. The Fortunes of Nigel
- The fishermen of Annamalaicheri village on Pulicat lake, punt their boats at dawn in winter.
- The Annamese boy was standing in an attitude of despair, his chin sunk on his chest.
- While Nanzhao was being defeated in Annam, it still occasionally attacked Sichuan. Between Winds and Clouds: The Making of Yunnan (Second Century BCE to Twentieth Century CE)