[ US /ˈænəˌmeɪt, ˈænəmət/ ]
let's liven up this room a bit
heighten or intensify
These paintings exalt the imagination
give new life or energy to
This treatment repaired my health
This will renovate my spirits
A hot soup will revive me
give lifelike qualities to
belonging to the class of nouns that denote living beings
the word `dog' is animate
endowed with feeling and unstructured consciousness
the living knew themselves just sentient puppets on God's stage
endowed with animal life as distinguished from plant life
we are animate beings
How To Use animate In A Sentence
- An Iron Ancestor is a reanimated and iron - forged dead body possessed by a ghost.
- And that was all my poor cousin got by making his old mistress his new wife — not a drum, not a trumpet, not a fife, not a tabret, nor the expectation of a new joy, to animate him on! Clarissa Harlowe
- Remember, your PJs can be a fomite an inanimate object that will transmit disease. Margie Goldsmith: When Traveling, B Is for "Bedbug," not "Baggage"
- It's still very much inanimate objects and a television screen and jolly old books and things like that.
- I feared enormous crowds at Chawton paying hefty admission fees to file past animated wax figures.
- A sparkle in his eyes animated his face whenever he smiled.
- In fact, animated political toons have been part of the Web ever since bandwidth would allow.
- They were animated by religious zeal.
- Comic : Dawn of the Re-animater cbr - rar pack download at RS Comic : Dawn of the Re-animater
- These are some of the most beautiful renderings of baseball stadiums seen, and on top of that are the animated scoreboards and surrounding stadium features that are the envy of many a sports game.