[ US /ˈænəməɫ/ ]
[ UK /ˈænɪməl/ ]
[ UK /ˈænɪməl/ ]
- a living organism characterized by voluntary movement
marked by the appetites and passions of the body
a sensual delight in eating
music is the only sensual pleasure without vice
How To Use animal In A Sentence
- Their dried dung is found everywhere, and is in many places the only fuel afforded by the plains; their skulls, which last longer than any other part of the animal, are among the most familiar of objects to the plainsman; their bones are in many districts so plentiful that it has become a regular industry, followed by hundreds of men (christened "bone hunters" by the frontiersmen), to go out with wagons and collect them in great numbers for the sake of the phosphates they yield; and Bad Lands, plateaus, and prairies alike, are cut up in all directions by the deep ruts which were formerly buffalo trails. VIII. The Lordly Buffalo
- We had engaged a very nice mare and stanhope, which we knew we could depend upon, when, the day before the race, the chestnut was declared lame, and not a presentable four-legged animal was to be hired in Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine, Volume 59, No. 363, January, 1846
- Visitors are welcome to fuss and pet the animals. The Sun
- The League Against Cruel Sports issued a statement Wednesday calling on Ottawa to "take steps to end the immense cruelty to animals in events such as calf-roping, which is practised at rodeos including the Calgary Stampede. CTV BritishColumbiaHome
- This animal is found in Australia, and nowhere else.
- A recent issue of Gastroenterology reports on animal studies describing a swallowable capsule that can transmit video images as it travels through the small intestine.
- No reasonable person wants animals to suffer. Times, Sunday Times
- Some animals may consume insignificant amounts of the primary production.
- The same thing happened when I was at the animal hospital, too; two or three people got preggers there, sometime before I left.
- This species is also closely associated with colonies of various seabirds and marine mammals; it feeds among birds and seals and has been considered a commensal of those colonial animals.