[ UK /ˈænɪl/ ]
- shrub of West Indies and South America that is a source of indigo dye
- a blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically
How To Use anil In A Sentence
- Take the white of one egg, and measure just as much cold water; mix the two well, and stir stiff with confectioners 'sugar; add a little flavoring, vanilla, or almond, or pistache, and, for some candies, color with a tiny speck of fruit paste. A Little Cook Book for a Little Girl
- I have been finding the BBC a bit vanilla of late and will check out Channel 4 news instead.
- Serve with cream or vanilla ice cream. Times, Sunday Times
- Statistical analysis for significant difference in the slope of mutant induction in the presence or absence of vanillin was performed using the f-test for comparison of slopes.
- The assembly saw delegates housed in five-star hotels and carrying upmarket Bonia-brand bags, instead of the usual Manila paper envelopes.
- Bring the caster sugar and 500 ml of water to the boil in a medium saucepan, then add the lemon juice, stem ginger, star anise and the vanilla pod.
- The aquamanile eventually evolved for secular use during the renaissance and these items found their way onto the dinner tables of the rich.
- The final lesson of the campanile was that towers were best seen as a whole.
- Learning how to simultaneously walk and chew gum will soon be added to the menu of anile crap that our self-regarding progressive school system 'facilitates'. Smoking Guns and the Morality of Parliamentary Privilege
- Remove mixture from heat and whisk in the brandy and vanilla essence.