- the acute angle between the direction of the undisturbed relative wind and the chord of an airfoil
How To Use angle of attack In A Sentence
- Until this flight, the X-15, typical of all research aircraft up to this time, had a front-mounted boom with vanes to sense airspeed, altitude, angle of attack, and angle of sideslip in a free aerodynamic flow field. First Man
- As seen above, the design angle of attack for the second segment is 10 deg.
- The angle of attack of the high - aspect - ratio wings varies largely as the airflow rounds the airfoil.
- Race engineers can monitor the airflow over several sensors which helps them adjust the camber and angle of attack of the wings for downforce on the car.
- This occurs at one angle of attack for the same wing loading of a paraglider.
- I climbed to the roof with powerful beats, increasing my angle of attack and slotting my alulae for lift without burble -- climbing at an angle that would stall most fliers. The Past Through Tomorrow
- The next day the folks working the tow line lowered all the stanchions on the back of the carts to increase the angle of attack.
- This account suggests that at low speed and high angle of attack wing downwash could have a blanking effect on airflow to the engine intakes (made worse by any yaw).
- The suspended cam design also allows the feed rollers to adjust their angle of attack according to tree size, so that a wide range of tree sizes end up in the same position in the head every time.
- Therefore, irrespective of the launch system used for a winged OSP, the vehicle must be flown at essentially a zero-lift angle of attack, and any variations due to vehicle aeroelasticity must be carefully controlled. Being PC at MOD - NASA Watch