[ US /æˌnɛnsəˈfæɫɪk, ænɪnˈsɛfəɫɪk/ ]
- characterized by partial or total absence of a brain
How To Use anencephalic In A Sentence
- It can uncover 90 percent of anencephalic pregnancies and 80 percent of spina bifida cases.
- The newborn is devoid of cerebrally controlled behaviour patterns so that in the first 6 weeks of life it is hard to distinguish the normal newborn's behavior from that of anencephalic infant. What Experts Know, What Doctors Know, What Moms Know
- From 1989 to 1991, the rate of such defects for Brownsville was 10 times the U.S. average, or about 30 anencephalic births per 10,000 births.
- Brazil expanded its abortion law July 1, allowing the abortion of anencephalic children - children with no brain.
- I would guess that Ethan was anencephalic but making a cake of that would be in extremely bad taste. Cakes Only A Mother Could Love
- Simply one of the many biocidal glories of NAFTA ... not long after American companies started plopping their most toxic operations just across the border to capitalize on such as lax Mexican environmental laws, a shocking spike in the number of babies born without a brain (anencephalic) became a legacy of the massive industrial pollution. Stemmers, Part I
- The controversy sparked by Myah Walker's blog devoted to her anencephalic baby, Faith, raises many interesting questions. What Experts Know, What Doctors Know, What Moms Know
- In Peru, where the law permits abortion when a woman's life or health are in danger, a 17-year-old was denied an abortion and forced to carry an anencephalic fetus to term. Anu Kumar: Punishing the Victim in the Yucatan
- No one anticipates the need for abortion -- certainly not a woman carrying an anencephalic fetus (lacking a brain) or experiencing a tubal pregnancy. Michele Swenson: Male Entitlement: Church & State Preserve Male Prerogatives, Female Punishments
- Or more reasonably, what about when Government is asked to weigh spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in care for a patient (like perhaps an anencephalic baby), vs. spending that money on other patients who ultimately could be improved by it? Discourse.net: Making the Rounds