- 17th President of the United States; was elected vice president and succeeded Lincoln when Lincoln was assassinated; was impeached but acquitted by one vote (1808-1875)
How To Use Andrew Johnson In A Sentence
- Andrew Johnson was named the Crystal Palace Player of the Year for the second successive season last weekend to cap off a memorable campaign.
- He will have gratuitously become a copartner in the guilt which hitherto has rested upon the souls of Andrew Johnson and his Northern and Southern satellites, but which thenceforth will rest on his soul also until he can contrive duly to alter these governments. History of the Thirty-Ninth Congress of the United States
- He turned out to have more battles with the Congress than any president since Andrew Johnson.
- Andrew Johnson, with all the patronage of the nation, had not the influence of "Nasby" with his one newspaper. Women and the Alphabet A Series of Essays
- Appointed minister plenipotentiary to Prussia by President Andrew Johnson in 1867, he lived in Berlin for the next seven years.
- A month later Lincoln was dead, and it would be Andrew Johnson, the great accommodator of the defeated South, who set the tone of presidential racial policies for decades to come, with the brief exception of Ulysses S. Two books on blacks and the White House