- pertaining to a lens or lens system free of astigmatism (able to form point images)
- not astigmatic
How To Use anastigmatic In A Sentence
- The lens should be a modern anastigmatic by a good maker. How to Observe in Archaeology
- Mutual life insurance company pembroke up from his commiseration horrifyingly, the spatially of a anastigmatic cicadidae preservative circumscribed his penuchle a effortful windaus. Rational Review
- That is, one part of the picture is made with a soft focus lens and one with an anastigmatic. Pictorial Photography in America 1921
- A table of parameters for anastigmatic lenses is included.
- The two distinct types of lenses are the "rapid rectilinear" and the "anastigmatic," which names refer to their optical properties in distributing the light. Outdoor Sports and Games
- With an anastigmatic lens working at, say f. 6-3, and with a "speed" film (glass plates are utterly out of the question on the trail), it is possible to make a snap-shot at one twenty-fifth of a second on a clear day, around noon, even in the dead of winter, in any part of Alaska that the writer has travelled in. Ten Thousand Miles with a Dog Sled A Narrative of Winter Travel in Interior Alaska
- My expensive anastigmatic and my several diffused lenses standard tools for the Pictorialist photographer seem destined to contemptuous neglect, though it may be that I shall dust them off for an occasional portrait head. Archive 2008-10-01
- THERE is no country in which an anastigmatic lens is of more use to the photographer than Alaska, and every camera with which it is hoped to take winter scenes should have this equipment. Ten Thousand Miles with a Dog Sled A Narrative of Winter Travel in Interior Alaska
- By increasing 2, as compared to the anastigmatic design, the coma can be cancelled completely.
- You are too conscious of the soft focus lens and of the anastigmatic lens. Pictorial Photography in America 1921